Head Start Program
Help your child prepare for success in school and beyond. Olivet Neighborhood Mission hosts Head Start, a program for kids from birth to age five from low-income families. We offer half-day and full-day classroom schedules during our business hours.
Benefits of Head Start
In a safe, nurturing environment, your child will take part in structured activities and education. Your child benefits from:
- Early learning, socialization, and playtime
- Nutritious meals
- Health screenings, as well as physical, mental health, and dental care
- Mental, emotional, motor skill, language, literacy (reading), and physical development monitoring and supporting
Head Start also supports your needs as a family. Get guidance and education that helps you be the best parent possible and have healthy, happy relationships with your kids.
Who is Eligible?
Your child can participate in Head Start if:
- Your family’s income is at or below the federal poverty
- Your family receives Supplemental Security Income benefits
- Your child has certain disabilities
Contact us to learn if Head Start is right for your child.
Head Start is provided by Olivet Neighborhood Mission and our partner, Hawkeye Area Community Action Program (HACAP). Learn more about Head Start, a national program from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS).