Community Impact

In 2018,

  • There were 31,378 total visits to Olivet Neighborhood Mission. This is a 6% increase from 2017 to 2018.
  • A total of 24,001 people was served through Olivet Neighborhood Mission in 2018. Adults (ages 18 to 59 years) account for 53.8% (12,904); whereas, children (ages 0 to 17 years) account for 36.3% (8,713) and seniors (age 60 and above) account for 9.9% (2,384).
  • In 2018, there were a total of 8,222 food boxes distributed. There was a 4.3% increase in the number of food boxes distributed from 2017 to 2018. 
  • In 2018, Olivet purchased 415,878 pounds of food from HACAP at a cost of $14,017 to the program. The wholesale value of that food purchased was $679,164 for the food. 
  • Over 28,078 pounds of food was donated to Olivet outside its HACAP partnership.
  • On average, 2,133 people visit the Kitchen Pantry each month to pick up fresh perishables such as bread, pastries, fruits, and vegetables.
  • An estimated 9,910 donations receipts were received for the Clothing Closet have been accounted for in Fiscal Year 2018. This is an 18% increase from the number of receipts accounted for in 2017.
  • There were 12 active community members who had gardens with Olivet during the summer of 2018.
  • Holiday Adoptions Programs: 164 families received Thanksgiving food whereas 203 families (over 927 people) received Christmas gifts and food.
  • The Parish Nurse was onsite at the Mission for a total of 324 hours in 2018.
  • In Fiscal Year 2018, there were a total of 6,526 volunteer hours donated by 21 active volunteers. The valuation per hour for this volunteer time is $24.69 per hour. This is a total yearly in-kind valuation of $161,127.

In 2016…

Olivet Neighborhood Mission officially became the largest food pantry in Linn County! We bought and distributed over 240,000 pounds of food from HACAP, which accounts for only about 60% of the total food distributed. The remaining 40% was food we either purchased at retail price or food donated through food drives run by businesses, clubs, and other local organizations. Because of this ever-growing need for food in our community, we are in need – now more than ever – of food to stock our food pantry shelves.  The food we purchased from HACAP cost us $27,398.42 which has a retail value of $403,274. This is why monetary food pantry donations is one of our major focuses going forward. We can get so much more value out of your dollar from purchasing food from HACAP than you could be purchasing at a grocery store.

In 2016…

  • 25,911 individuals/families served by clothing/household item distribution
  • 7,563 food boxes distributed
  • 21,621 adults/children received food from those food boxes
  • 213 children participated in After-School & Summer Recreation Programming for 6,417 contact hours
  • 160 families adopted for Thanksgiving
  • 609 children (250 families) adopted for Christmas gifts
  • 7,189 volunteer hours worked in the Clothing Closet & Food Pantry Programs which is valued at $165,850
  • 438 hours our Mercy Parish Nurse was onsite consulting with clients

In total, Olivet Neighborhood Mission performed over 70,121 acts of giving in 2016. Hear more about our impact from a couple of our clients.