Olivet Neighborhood Mission officially became the largest food pantry in Linn County! We bought and distributed over 240,000 pounds of food from HACAP, which accounts for only about 60% of the total food distributed. The remaining 40% was food we either purchased at retail price, or food donated through food drives run by businesses, clubs, and other local organizations. Because of this ever-growing need for food in our community, we are in need – now more than ever – of food to stock our food pantry shelves. The food we purchased from HACAP cost us $27,398.42 which has a retail value of $403,274. This is why monetary food pantry donations is one of our major focuses going forward. We can get so much more value out of your dollar from purchasing food from HACAP than you could purchasing at a grocery store.
- 25,911 individuals/families served by clothing/household item distribution
- 7,563 food boxes distributed
- 21,621 adults/children received food from those food boxes
- 213 children participated in After-School & Summer Recreation Programming for 6,417 contact hours
- 160 families adopted for Thanksgiving
- 609 children (250 families) adopted for Christmas gifts
- 7,189 volunteer hours worked in the Clothing Closet & Food Pantry Programs which is valued at $165,850
- 438 hours our Mercy Parish Nurse was onsite consulting with clients
In total, Olivet Neighborhood Mission performed over 70,121 acts of giving in 2016. Hear more about our impact from a couple of our clients.